No, we haven’t gone into the dating business or strayed into craigslist territory (we’ll continue to leave that to your own choices and discretion!), but we are launching Footy Sevens Pick-Up Soccer.
Starting on Thursday, February 6th we’ll have 90 minute pick-up sessions where you can simply register for your spot online and then show up and play. Teams will be formed for the evening, you’ll have 90 minutes of soccer, and then you go home, simple as that.
The games are ideal for those that want to get an extra game or two in without having to commit to another team, for those that work irregular shifts and find it hard to commit to a specific league night every week or for those times when you just plain fancy a game of soccer. If you are new to our leagues, or want to see what a venue you haven’t played at has to offer, it’s a good way of checking it out before committing to a league season there.
It’s something new for us, but it’s a concept that goes right back to the start of Footy Sevens. The birth of Footy Sevens was from an single field pick-up game which developed into a small friends and family league, then spread to multiple nights and venues, quickly growing to become the faceless corporate behemoth that you know and love today.
How does it work?
- We have set up another satellite website where we’ll list the upcoming pickup games.
- If there is a game that you want to join, just login with your normal Footy Sevens name and password (or register if you are new to Footy Sevens)
- Click on the register interest button beneath the pickup game you would like to join and you’ll receive the pre-payment link by e-mail.
- The first few pickup games are 90 minute pickup sessions, the discounted price is $10 if you are currently registered in a Footy Sevens or Volley Sixes league, with a higher price for those not currently playing in our leagues.
- All space will be allocated on a first come first served basis, with current Footy Sevens/Volley Sixes players given priority over non-members.
We’ll be adding more pickup sessions as fields become available. Players who have registered for the Footy Sevens PICKUP site will receive a weekly e-mail with the upcoming pickup dates. You can switch off these e-mails on your profile page on the site if you do not wish to receive them.
If you have any questions or need some more details, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.