We are only a few days away from the kick off of Kicking Cancer’s Butt Tournament 2015.
Here is some of the basic information that players will need for Saturday.
- Format: The games are 7 vs 7 (1 Goalie and 6 outfield players) Coed (a minimum of 2 male and 2 female players on the field at all times). You can have as many substitutes as you wish.
- Field: The year’s tournament is being held OUTDOORS at CARLETON UNIVERSITY. In previous year’s the tournament has been held at Louis Riel Dome. Make sure your team are going to the right place! Although we will be using both fields, the welcome and tournament kick off will be at Keith Harris Stadium.
- Footwear and Shinguards: No metal cleats are allowed. Any other type of cleats, blades, turf shoes, indoor soccer shoes, running or tennis shoes are acceptable. We strongly recommend shinguards but they are not mandatory.
- Parking: Paid parking is available in parking LOT 5 which is the parking lot between the two fields. It is a flat rate of $3 per day at the weekends. There is also free parking available across the road at Brewer Park, but it is a 2 hour maximum.
- Food & Drinks: We will be running a cafeteria with light snacks and cold drinks at Keith Harris Stadium and all money collected for food and drinks will go directly to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.
- Uniforms: All teams provide their own uniforms. The do not need to have numbers or be identical, just as long as all of them are some shade of blue or orange or whatever colour you choose. Please bring a change of shirt in case of colour clash.
- Rules: You can find our 7-a-side rules on our website. If you need a really quick run down of the basic rules, you can find them here.
- Bribe the Ref: Please read our blog post for an explanation of the unique “Bribe the Ref” rule for the tournament. During group games, teams can “Buy” a penalty from the referee with a $5 or $10 donation to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.
Tournament Schedule and Format:
All teams play a minimum of 3 x 30 minute games. A provisional schedule has been published on the Footy Sevens schedule and standing pages. The schedule will be finalised on Thursday evening.
We have split the teams into two sections, a more competitive one and a more recreational section: there are 16 teams in each. The more competitive section is made up of teams that usually play in Division A or B in our larger leagues and the more recreational section is made up of teams that usually play divisions C, D or E. Each of the sections has 4 x 4 team groups.
All Teams are Registered for the SATURDAY AFTERNOON SECTION:
- All teams play their first game at either 12.00, 12.30 or 1.00pm.
- ALL TEAMS should be at Keith Harris Stadium by around 11.45am as we will be checking teams in, doing the cheque presentation and going over the rules before the tournament starts. Please check your team in at Keith Harris Stadium even if your first game is at Raven Road Field
- The group sections will last from 12.00 to 4.30pm.
- The qualifying teams will play in the playoffs at 4.30pm-7.00pm on Saturday.
- Schedules for all sections will be found in the Schedule and Standings section of the Ottawa Footy Sevens website.