We are only a few days away from the kick off of Kicking Cancer’s Butt Tournament 2019. If you are part of one of the teams taking part on Saturday, here is the information that all participants will need.
We have raised over $100,000 over the last 10 years and there is still plenty of time to contribute to this year’s tournament whether it is by making a donation online, in person at the tournament, signing up a team (we still have spaces!) or by bribing a ref .
Tournament Schedule and Format:
All teams play a minimum of 3 x 30 minute games. The schedule will be published on the Footy Sevens schedule and standing pages on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.
All Teams are Registered for the SATURDAY AFTERNOON SECTION:
- All teams play their first game at either 12.30pm, 1.00pm or 1.30pm
- Teams playing at 12.30 or 1.00 pm should check in by 12.15pm at the stadium. We’ll be doing the cheque presentation and going over the rules before the tournament starts. Please check your team in at MNP Park (stadium) even if your first game is at Raven Road field so that we know your team has arrived.
- The group sections will last from about 12.30 to 4pm depending on the final number of teams. The playoffs take place after that.
- Schedules for all sections will be found in the Schedule and Standings section of the Ottawa Footy Sevens website.
- Format: The games are 7 vs 7 (1 Goalie and 6 outfield players) Coed (a minimum of 2 male and 2 female players on the field at all times). You can have as many substitutes as you wish. All players must be added to your roster on the footy sevens website.
- Check In: Please check in with Chris or Matt when your team arrive so that we know that your team is there
- Field: The tournament is being held OUTDOORS at CARLETON UNIVERSITY. Please dress accordingly as we go ahead rain or shine.
- Footwear and Shinguards: No metal cleats are allowed. Any other type of cleats, blades, turf shoes, indoor soccer shoes, running or tennis shoes are acceptable. We strongly recommend shinguards but they are not mandatory.
- Parking: Paid parking is available in parking LOT 5 which is the parking lot between the two fields. It is a flat rate of $3 per day at the weekends. There is also free parking available across the road at Brewer Park, but it is a 2 hour maximum.
- Washrooms: There are washrooms available in the main building
- Uniforms: All teams provide their own uniforms. The do not need to have numbers or be identical, just as long as all of them are some shade of blue or orange or whatever colour you choose. Please bring a change of shirt in case of colour clash.
- Rules: You can find our 7-a-side rules on our website. If you need a really quick run down of the basic rules, you can find them here.
- Bribe the Ref: Please read our blog post for an explanation of the unique “Bribe the Ref” rule for the tournament. During group games, teams can “Buy” a penalty from the referee with a $5 or $10 donation to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.
Don’t forget we have the ideal location for some food and drinks after the tournament. Footy Sevens and Clocktower Brew Pubs are partnering together to bring you the best deal in the city for your post-game food and drinks. If you head to any Clocktower with 3 or more people, they’ll give you free nachos for the group, and if it is 6 or more people there’s also a pound of free wings (beverage purchase required). You’ll also get back 10% of your total spend over the course of the season as an end of season gift card: perfect for toasting success or drowning your sorrows after the playoffs!
You can find full details and sign-in in for the offer on the Footy Sevens/Clocktower page.